POSTED DATE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25TH 2017
Our #wcw this week comes in a pair. It’s not very often that you see one without the other….Megan Stokke and Kayla Simmons!
1) How long have you two known each other? How did you meet? 13 years! We met through a mutual acquaintance, Megans friend who happened to be Kayla’s boss at the time.
2) How did you end up at Momentum? Kayla was first and then brought Megan. They were bot looking for something different. They were cardio junkies and needed to change it up.
3) If we took a candid picture of you two what would you probably be caught doing? Laughing! Probably at some inside joke.
4) If someone farted in a confined space which one of you would most likely call them out? Both answered Kayla without hesitation. Actually, they said she would probably be the culprit.
5) You both have a strong work ethic in the gym. What are some of your goals? Both want to get better at pullups…to string them together. To be competitive at Festivus! To finish strong and prove Coach Craig wrong;-) We have a lifetime membership with Coach Craig!
6) What do you do outside of Momentum? We are always busy. 90% of our time is with our kids…baseball, football, basketball and soccer events. We love to boat and fish. Spend a lot of time together as families. Our kids are friends. We live next to each other so our doors are revolving with each others kids. We really are like family. No judgment among each other and we have a comfortable silence. A great deal of respect for each other.
7) Do you have a mantra? “you got this” “just breathe”
8) Who is your woman crush? Kayla chose Amy Sather. Amy has come so far since she has been at MO. Megan chose Kayla. Kayla pushes me and keeps me coming back.
Weightlifting Wednesday - Snatch
1) Snatch Lands - 5 reps - EMOM - 4 minutes
2) Scarecrow Snatch - 3 reps - EMOM - 4 minutes (20-30%)
3) Snatch Balance - 3 reps - EMOM - 4 minutes (50-70%)
4) Snatch Pull + Snatch - EMOM - 4 minutes (70+%)
5) Snatch - 12 minutes to establish a Heavy BUT perfect Single (80+%)
200 Double unders
*7 pushups on every break or miss.
(6 min cap)
5 reps - EMOM - 5 sets
8 reps - EMOM - 5 setsPush Press
20 min AMRAP
15 BB Back Squats
15 Bar hops
15 Bar facing burpees
100 Jump rope
POSTED DATE: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24TH 2017
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
We will be hosting "Burpees for Boobs" this Saturday, October 28th at 9am!
It will be a fundraiser for LOCAL breast cancer patients to assist them in travels for cancer treatment.
Last year we raised $2000 that went towards Kwik Trip gift cards for local cancer patients traveling for treatment!
To start the morning off we will have the opportunity to hear from local educator, breast cancer survivor, wife and mother, Michelle Glaser.
Then comes the WOD... Respect the Rack!
ALL ARE WELCOME!
REMEMBER TO WEAR PINK TO SUPPORT OUR FIGHTERS AND SURVIVORS!
Back Squat - 3 reps - E90s - 7 sets
4 rounds for time of:
15 Burpee Box jump overs
3 Rope climb/20 ring rows
15 toes to bar
(20 minute Cap)
AMRAP - 10 minutes
20 DB Box Step ups
20 KB Front rack squat
3 rounds of:
7 minue AMRAP / 90s rest
then... AMRAP in remaining time
10 box jump overs
10 Ring rows
POSTED DATE: MONDAY, OCTOBER 23RD 2017
Join the ladies of Momentum Fitness and SWEAT as we host our second annual WOD + WINE NIGHT!
Saturday, November 18th we’ll get together at 5:00pm for a pretend WOD (wine of the day) and celebrate after by popping some bottles and mingling!
Pass the word along, enjoy the free (wink, wink) "workout", bring a bottle of your favorite wine and enjoy making some new friends! No curfew! (Although we will bring the "workout" elsewhere after 7:30pm)
Must be 21 or older to participate in the celebrating, but any age participant may join the "workout!"
Entry is free, we want to get to know the ladies of the community!
Hors d'oeuvres will be provided
If you are interested in being a Vendor or have any questions please contact coaches, Jackie, Rachel, or Alicia.
Click HERE to RSVP the event on Facebook ;D
Floating snatch grip deadlift - 3 reps - 90s - 6 sets
11 min AMRAP
2-4-6-8-10-12.... reps of
Handstand pushup / DB Strict Press / Strict pushups
20 min AMRAP
8 Burpee Box jumps
12 DB Clean and Press
16 Toes to bar
10 MIN AMRAP
40s Hollow Rocks
12 SDHP with KB, AHAP
20s/side Side plank on Hands
POSTED DATE: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21ST 2017
12 Rounds of The Chief
8 Rounds of The Chief
6 Rounds of The Chief
4 Rounds of The Chief
800m Run or Row
2 Rounds of the Chief
1)Partners Run together
2) Break up the Row however you choose
3) Complete 1 Round of Chief then your partner does a round
1 Round of "The Chief"
3 Power Cleans (135/95)
POSTED DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20TH 2017
2 Strict Press + 1 PushPress - E90sec - 6 sets
20 min AMRAP
*Every 5 min Run 300m*
**Increase by 3 reps every round. See how far you can get.**
SL Box Squat Series
6/6 Windmills between each set of box squats.
50 Slamballs alternating hands
50 cal Airdyne
50 Slamball Squats
50 Walkover Slamball Pushups