July 05, 2021
What you need:
- - 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- - 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- - 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- - 1 tablespoon lime zest
- - 2 teaspoons chili powder
- - 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- - 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- - 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- - 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
How to make:
- In a medium bowl, combine cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and cilantro mixture; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat.* Working in batches, add chicken to the grill pan in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.
I ate this with some rice, black beans, sauteed veggies and fresh chopped mango!